SET UP YOUR AUSSIE BANK ACCOUNT
You’re going to need an Australian bank account to find work in Oz, as employers won’t pay wages into your home (overseas) account. Even if you’re just travelling for a short period of time, it will save you loads in expensive withdrawal and transfer fees.
Arranging a Commonwealth Bank account is simple and free! Simply follow the link below and you will receive an email direct from the bank with your new account details. Upon arrival in your destination, visit your chosen branch with your passport to collect your ATM MasterCard Debit Card.
Cards can only be collected in most branches around Australia. Here are only a few locations:
- Sydney: Corner of Liverpool & Castlereagh St, NSW 2000
- Melbourne: 367 Collins St, VIC 3000
- Brisbane: 240 Queen St, QLD 4000
- Adelaide: 96 Kind William St, SA 5000
- Perth: 150 St Georges Terrace, WA 6000
- Darwin: 66 Smith, NT 8000
- Cairns: 76 Lake St, QLD 4870
Commonwealth Access Account:
- MasterCard Debit / ATM Card
- $4 monthly account fee for unlimited electronic transactions, including phone, internet and ATMs
- Australia’s largest ATM network
- Australia’s largest Branch network
Note – you you can only apply for your bank account a maximum of 4 weeks prior your arrival in Australia.
Need to transfer money into an overseas account, cheaply and quickly? Travellers Contact Point has teamed up with Tranzfers. The fee is a maximum of £7, they guarantee no receiving bank fees and their rates are much better. Best of all you can do it all on the net – so no more bank queues and forms!